Starting pay rate: $35,000 $42,000
Hours per week: 35-40
Job Location: San Leandro, California
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid Leave: Sick leave, vacation pay, personal leave
The team coach serves as a mentor for ten to twenty employees. The team coach meets for short sessions with each employee once a week. During those meetings, the team coach should listen for several opportunities to improve company dynamics including themes expressed by multiple employees, performance that individual employees are themselves proud of, or that they are complimenting others on, and suboptimal performance requiring intervention or additional coaching.
In order to fully understand the role of each employee, the team coach will also meet weekly with project leads and management. In these meetings, the Team Coach will learn the status and purpose of each project, as well as objectives for each employee. The team coach will also feed insights back to project leads and management when appropriate.
As the team coach, you should have an honest curiosity for improving your own performance as well as those of others. To that end, you are expected to maintain an ongoing education of books and materials related to employee management, professional communication, performance, human resources, and other relevant topics.
Finally, because the team coach meets individually with employees, coaches must also develop a thorough understanding of company policy and working understanding human resources roles and responsibilities. This role includes working collaboratively with process improvements, HR responsibilities, product operations, and other cross-functional teams and projects.
- Support, mentor and motivate a diverse team of high-performing employees while prioritizing company objectives
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with employees to discuss workflow and identify areas for improvement
- Foster team environment by helping team members learn, grow, and develop
- Coach employees in a manner that moves the organization toward accomplishing community goals
- Serve as the new hire on-boarding program champion and system administrator
- Act as the first point-of-contact for employee inquiries
- Maintain confidential employee files, generate reports to support HR responsibilities and key stakeholders
- Communicate professionally, tactfully and with the diplomacy at all times, treating all team members and dignity and respect
- Research and learn from new materials relating to performance objectives including management, professional communication, human resources, etc.
- Ivaldi Group enjoys and open office layout, so keeping your personal work space tidy and contributing to the tidiness of the office is a job requirement.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Authentic interest in the activities and success of others
- Comfortable working autonomously on complex problems
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Research and writing
- Understanding of Microsoft office suite
- Cloud based technologies
Pay Range Considerations
- We consider the following skills when determining starting pay:
- Previous coaching or team captain/lead experience
- Bachelors degree in education, sociology, anthropology, or social work
- Relevant working, volunteering, or interning background
- Knowledge of organizational development, or human resources
Yes, occasionally for tradeshows or events
Current open positions:
- Key Account Manager
- Business Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Microfactory Operator
- Team Coach
- Control Software Engineer
Positions that are no longer open:
Submit your application here.